Sunday, January 27, 2013

In Japan!

Hey everyone!
I don't have too much time but I wanted to let you all know that we made it through the storms and got to Japan yesterday morning! As we pulled into the port in Yokohama there was a marching band playing to welcome us. It was pretty incredible!

I spent most of the day yesterday with my Anthropology of Religion class at our field lab. We had a little bit of time after that to walk around and have dinner. Then a group of us took a train to Tokyo last night! We are getting ready to go explore today.

I will make a MUCH longer post with pictures and details and everything later but I just wanted to do a quick update right now. I am not sure if I will have internet when I get back on the ship to go to Kobe because our Dean said something about the government blocking the signal to our ship. If that is the case, I probably won't update again until after we leave Kobe and are sailing to China. But hopefully it will be sooner than that.

I cannot believe that I am actually here! Semester at Sea is by far the best decision I have ever made!

No comments:

Post a Comment