Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Port Louis, Mauritius!

Hey everyone!

Our stay in Mauritius was very short because we were only there so that the ship could refuel before continuing on towards South Africa. I got off of the ship around 9:30a.m. and "on-ship" time was 6 p.m. I spent the day with my friends Corrie, Alexa, Liz and Chris. Since we only had a few hours, we didn't have any major plans and decided to have a relaxing day of walking around the Waterfront, finding some great food and doing a little shopping at the market.

We started off by taking a taxi to an ATM and then to the Port Louis Market. A friend of mine that did Semester at Sea last year said I couldn't leave Mauritius without going there. After making a few purchases and doing some window shopping, we headed to the Le Caudan Waterfront to find a place for lunch, which took longer than we expected. After that, we walked around the Waterfront for a while longer and then found our way to the grocery store, "Winners." A lot of us were completely out of snacks and needed to stock up on some food! I got some cereal, crackers, chocolate, gum, breakfast bars, peanut butter and nutella. I had been out of gum since Singapore and they don't sell it on the shipm so I was really happy when they had some at the store! Then we took a "water taxi" back to the ship.

We got back a little before 4 p.m. It's always a good idea to aim to be back pretty early because you don't want to push "on-ship" time! If you're late and aren't swiped in by then, you get dock time in the next port. I always try to get back an hour and a half to two hours early because the line to get back on is always really long about an hour before "on-ship" time. I already know of a few people that got dock time because of being late.

Overall, it was a great day. I wish we would have had more time, but I'm still glad I had the chance to go there there! It is such a beautiful place! AFRICA IS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!

Here are a few pictures from the day....



























We our on our second of six days in-between Mauritius and South Africa. Tomorrow is Sea Olympics day! Be watching for a post about that soon. :)

Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment